Our friend Sophie (check her out on Instagram here) has made us the perfect Thursday Treat – Primal Pantry Cookies!
Not only is this recipe simple to make and delicious, but you can also get creative with it and use any flavour of our bars that you would like. Love cinnamon? Why not add chunks of our Apple & Pecan bar. Want to go coconutty? Add chunks of our Coconut & Macadamia bar.
Sophie went for a fruity twist on hers with our Brazil Nut & Cherry Bar. Check out the recipe below:
Ingredients (makes 10 cookies)
- 1/3 cup of coconut flour
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/2 cup of oats
- 2 tablespoons of organic agave nectar
- 1 flax egg (1 tablespoon of flax seed and 3 tablespoons of water)
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla paste
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
- 2 PRIMAL PANTRY BARS (flavour of choice)
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celsius.
- Mix up the flax seed egg and leave to sit for 5 minutes.
- In a bowl, combine the coconut flour, oats and baking powder.
- Then add the coconut oil (melted), agave, vanilla paste and flax seed egg. You may find it easier to combine the mixture with your hands so you achieve a thick dough like consistency.
- Finely cut up one primal pantry bar (your choice of flavour) and work into the mixture.
- Tear off bits of the mix and mould into 10 individual cookies, placing them on baking paper. Cut up the remaining bar and place a small piece on each cookie (as shown in picture). Place the cookies in the oven and bake for approximately 20 minutes until golden.
And finally ENJOY!