We’re The Primal Pantry and we’re on a mission. To encourage people to make better food choices via our range of delicious energy bars and high protein bars. We have big plans for the next few years and an ambitious growth target. To help achieve this, we have identified a new role in our marketing team that will plan, manage and develop our retail activation plans through 2018 and beyond.
This is where you come in…
You’ll be an ambitious self-starter, proactive, confident and not scared of getting your hands dirty. Capable of taking ownership of your role from the get-go, you’ll already have 2-3 years’ experience in a customer, channel or trade marketing capacity, preferably within FMCG or consumer durables. Knowledge of “expandable” categories such as confectionery, snacking or soft drinks would be desirable but not essential. A good networker you’ll be well versed in acting as the bridge between marketing and sales to get things done.
You’ll know your flute boards, your pantones and your cutter guides; your Tesco from your Asda, what makes different retailers tick and where best to place a parasite unit. SELs, POS, EPOS and TPCs all mean something to you and aren’t just random collections of letters. And most importantly, you’ll love dogs*
*Not the most important.
- Direct responsibility and management of 60% of the annual marketing budget in partnership with the Head of Marketing; covering all trade activation across our retail channels: multiple grocery, high street & convenience, route to market and pure-play.
- Management of one junior marketing report (Marketing & Communications Executive) within the wider marketing team.
- Collaboration with the national accounts team to manage trade focused activity through from inception to execution.
- Develop our trade communication strategy via media and PR channels such as The Grocer.
- Use your understanding of retailer channels to pro-actively identify new opportunities within key accounts.
- Management of external agencies to ensure adherence to brand guidelines and timely delivery of all projects.
- Attendance at relevant customer meetings with sales colleagues acting as the marketing representative for The Primal Pantry.
- Attendance at trade shows and events as a representative of The Primal Pantry.
The role is based at our Maidenhead, Berkshire office with occasional travel around the UK. A full UK driving licence will be required.
Please send your CV to: email@example.com